The organisers of the OECD/CRP Sponsored Circular Economy for Agri-Food Resource Management (CEARM) have issued a Call for Abstracts. The conference is being supported by universities in Asia-Pacific region: University of Queensland, Seoul National University and CSIRO/ANU. The conference will be at Seoul National University, South Korea, June 13-15, 2018.
The theme of the conference, “Circular Economy for Agri-Food Resource Management,” aims to explore and discuss the application of innovative, transformative notion of Circular Economy (CE) to Agri-food-forestry sector. CE has been argued for preventing and reducing wastes in view of identifying potential resource bases, and thus, it’s important to examine how this leapfrogging, paradigm-shifting idea can work in tandem with advancing bio-economy worldwide.
The conference will include keynote speakers, special sessions, and oral and poster presentations describing research and practice on circular economy, sustainability and resilience, material flow and life cycle applications, and relevant tools.
Abstracts for Oral Presentations, Poster Presentations, and Special Sessions should be no more than 500 words and should fall within 1 to 3 of the specified sub-topics for the conference.
Abstracts are due by March 30, 2018, and can be submitted at the Conference website: https://industrialece.wixsite.com/conference2018.
Questions can be addressed toDr. Anthony Halog, Chair of Organizing Committee, Circular Economy for Agri-Food Resource Management (CEARM)’2018: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eco- and Social Innovation for Circular Economy
- Food, Energy, and Water Nexus
- Methodological developments and tools
- Systems Thinking and Life Cycle Assessment for Circular Economy
- Methods and Tools of Regional Economics for Circular Economy
- Policy and Social LCA for Circular Economy
- Policy and Science Interface for Circular and Green Economy for Agro-Environmental Systems
- Understanding Interconnections and Pathways for Transitioning towards Circular, Low Carbon Economy in the Agri-Food Sector
- Resource Efficiency for Green and Circular Economy
- Business and Economic Models for Circular Economy
- Bioeconomy and Circular Economy Working in Tandem
- Economics of Implementing Circular Economy in Agri-food System
- Participatory Systems Approach for Pursuing Circular Economy
- Food Value Chain Sustainability
- Transition towards Circular Economy in the Food System
- Hydroponics and Aeroponics for Circular Economy
- Global Food Security and Sustainability
- Circular Economy for Smart Agri-Food Tools
- Moving Towards the Circular Economy: The Role of Flows & Stocks in Forestry Sector
- Engineering Sustainability for Circular and Green Economy
- International policy trends of Resource Efficiency/ Circular Economy with focus on policy development
- The Role of Industrial Ecology in Reaching the Sustainable Development Goals
- Natural Resource Use for a More Prosperous, Healthy and Equitable World
- Data and Metrics to Inform Progress Toward Circular Economy
- The Role of the Circular Economy in Creating Responsible Production and Consumption
- Implementing Industrial Ecology Solutions in Practice
- Sustainable Use and Governance of Natural Resources